My perfect morning starts with a smoothie or with a granola bowl and almond milk! It’s super filling and in the same time vegan and gluten free!
This is my granola base. You can add many toppings like goji berries (add them at the end of the cooking time because they’ll burn easily and became very sweet and bitter…), cacao nibs, any nuts, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds… Be creative!
You can easily find gluten free oats. Even if you don’t have any sensibility to gluten and it doesn’t give you stomach pain or bloating, eating gluten free can be useful if you want to loose weight. Gluten free whole grains are healthier than regular grains and I highly recommend to eat whole grains especially the gluten free ones like oats, quinoa and rice..Print
- 4 cups of gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of walnut or almond or coconut oil
- 2 cups of pitted dates
- 2 cups of nuts
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Dispose parchment paper in a large baking pan.
- Blend dates until smooth.
- Mix all the ingredients together except nuts.
- When homogenous, add the nuts.
- Add to baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting or storing in a jar.
- Granola can be store in the fridge for about a week and in the freezer for two months!