RAW HAZELNUT BROWNIE BARS – Delicious vegan and gluten-free hazelnut and chocolate brownie. Ideal for snaking and indulging!
These raw hazelnut brownie bars are absolutely incredible. I love having healthy snacks in my freezer that I can bring with me on the go!
Dates are naturally sweet so these bars are high in sugar. They are also very high in fibers thanks to the flax meal which can help with digestion.
Cacao is an excellent antioxidant densely packed calcium, iron and magnesium so these bars are full of great benefits!
However, I need to warn you: these brownie bars won’t last long! That’s how good they are!
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts and almonds (it can be one or the other but a mix of both is really flavourful!)
- 2 cups packed pitted dates
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut butter, soften or coconut oil , melted or avocado oil
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup non-dairy vanilla milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Salt flakes and roasted almonds to decorate
- Line an 8×8 inch (or rectangle)pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend on high all the brownie ingredients until they form a sticky dough. It should happen within 3-5 minutes.
- Using your hands or the back of a spatula, press the doughy mixture into the pan until it is smooth and as flat as possible on top. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by mixing the remaining ingredients together. Pour on top of the brownies and spread evenly. Sprinkle salt flakes and roasted hazelnuts.
- Put in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut in pieces.
- Keep in the freezer or refrigerate.
For other brownie recipes:
For a similar recipe with walnuts and food fiber: No Bake Brownie