Banana Chocolate Bars – Gluten-free and vegan indulgence, low in sugar and high in flavor!
The easiest recipes are always the best! Look at these Banana Chocolate Bars: they’re gluten-free, low in sugar, vegan and made with only the best ingredients! They’re high in fibers so ++ for digestion.
I used chocolate chips in this version but you easily replace by raisins, dried fruits or anything else you like better than chocolate chips (what could be better!!??).
I also added walnuts as they are a great fit with banana, chocolate and oats. It’s kind of a banana bread but in a different form!
These bars can be kept in fridge for up to 1 week but I seriously doubt they will last as long!!
- 2 medium banana, very ripe
- ¼ cup nut butter of your choice
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- When well combined, pour in a square 8x8 oven proof dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 hour before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.