If you know me, you must know that I hate waste. I always use ripped fruits to make jam or smoothie, salad to make gratin or bread to make pain perdu!
This recipe is beyond expectation: easy, delicious and simple! It makes a perfect week end breakfast or snacks with a teaspoon of nut butter or can even be eaten with cheese or savory flavors without the vanilla extract!
Recipe of the Almond butter or chocolate almond spread to enjoy with the pain perdu!Print
HOMEMADE PAIN PERDU WITH NUT BUTTER
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
Delicious recipe perfect to use the bread leftover you have in the house! No more waste!
- 1 lb (600g) of homemade leftovers challah
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of almond milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Slice challah in 3 or 4 and in halves.
- Mix egg, vanilla and milk.
- Soak challah pieces per pieces for a few minutes until well wet.
- Cook on high heat in a sauteed pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Reheat in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
Wanda McLean says
This is really attention-grabbing, You’re an excessively professional blogger. I’ve joined your feed and sit up for in search of more of your great post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks
Robert Duncan says
Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I’m very glad to see such wonderful info being shared freely out there.