If you know me, you must know that I hate waste. I always use ripped fruits to make jam or smoothie, salad to make gratin or bread to make pain perdu!
This recipe is beyond expectation: easy, delicious and simple! It makes a perfect week end breakfast or snacks with a teaspoon of nut butter or can even be eaten with cheese or savory flavors without the vanilla extract!Print
Delicious recipe perfect to use the bread leftover you have in the house! No more waste!
- 1 lb (600g) of homemade leftovers challah
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of almond milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Slice challah in 3 or 4 and in halves.
- Mix egg, vanilla and milk.
- Soak challah pieces per pieces for a few minutes until well wet.
- Cook on high heat in a sauteed pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Reheat in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!