This is my classic challah recipe. I recently came up with a new one without eggs so fully vegan and it’s also delicious.
The difference is the color but also the texture. It’s more like a brioche with eggs and more like bread without eggs.Print
MULTI GRAINS EGG CHALLAH
- 160 g of sugar or 1 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 800ml sparkling water (room temperature!)
- 40g fresh yeast gluten free (you can find it at Whole Foods)
- 200ml olive oil
- 40g salt
- 4 eggs (room temperature!)
- 2kg all Purpose flour
- Sesame seeds
- 1 egg beaten with water and sugar
- 2 cup of multigrain
- 2 cup of oats
- Dissolve yeast in sparkling water and let sit for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl mix sugar, eggs, honey and oil and start adding the flour, the yeast and sparkling water and the rest of the flour. Add oats and multi-grains.
- The dough should be super easy to mix.
- Add the salt at the end.
- After 10 minutes of kneading, the dough should be super smooth.
- Place the dough in plastic bag and in oven turned off.
- After one hour, the dough should have doubled in volume.
- Braid and let rise one hour again.
- Brush with beaten eggs.
- Bake at 360°F for 35 to 45 minutes depending of the size of your challah.
Max Sutherland says
Thanks so much for giving everyone a very nice chance to read critical reviews from this site. It can be very fantastic plus packed with a great time for me personally and my office co-workers to visit your website at the least 3 times in 7 days to read through the newest things you will have. And definitely, I am at all times pleased concerning the superb advice you give. Certain two points on this page are basically the finest we’ve had.
Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff prior to and you’re simply extremely great.
I really like what you’ve bought here, certainly like what you’re stating and
the best way during which you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you continue
to take care of to stay it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you.
This is really a wonderful site.